Delicious Ham and Potato Soup
March 26, 2014
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups ham, chunky
- 2 tsps chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.